The Sophomore Class (Class of 2018) is preselling Avanti’s Gondolas ($7) and loaves of bread ($2). We will be selling them for the next two weeks and must have all order forms by 3 p.m. on Tuesday, October 20.
The items will be available for pick up on Friday, October 23 during all three lunch periods, as well as after school from 3 to 5:30 p.m. If you are interested in purchasing any you may mail the order form to Glenwood High School, send the order form and payment with your student and deliver to Ms. Althoff, or drop it off at the table set up all week and next during all three lunch hours. Payment must be given at the time of the order.
Any questions please email Jamie Althoff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 483-2424 ext. 1152.
Juniors, sophomores, and freshmen - please take the GHS Yearbook Portrait Feature Survey by October 12 to be chosen to be included in a yearbook portrait feature in your class section. Click here!
- Monday’s theme is "0 to 100.” Students can dress up as a toddler or an elderly person, just please do not wear any diapers!
- Tuesday is "Tacky Tourist.” Throw on a fanny pack, a goofy hat, and a Hawaiian shirt.
- Wednesday is "Character Day.” Dress up as your favorite movie or TV character.
- Thursday is "’Merica! Day.” Wear your American Pride gear.
- Friday is "Class Colors/Senior Toga" Day. Freshmen wear white, sophomores wear black, juniors wear red, and seniors wear togas. Please remember that the dress code will be enforced throughout the week so continue to follow the guidelines in the student handbook.
- Also - All week long Homecoming t-shirts will be sold during the lunch hours for $12. Proceeds help fund this year's Prom.
In Need of Convertibles for the Parade!
If you have a convertible vehicle and would be willing to drive it in the Homecoming Parade, we’d like to hear from you! The cars are used to drive members of the Homecoming Court. If interested, contact Courtney Wiedeman at email@example.com
Sign-up for the PSAT (National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) begins Wednesday, September 30, and continues until all spots are filled. Sign-up is on a first come, first serve basis and located in the Guidance Office. The cost is $19 and payment is due at the time of sign-up. The test will be held on the morning of October 14, 2015.
This past Saturday, the Glenwood Marching Titans, directed by Mrs. Gina Coonrod, traveled to Mt. Zion to participate in their second competition, the Mt. Zion Marching Music Games. Congratulations to to out Marching Titans, led by Drum Majors, Jesse Pullen, Tommy Yang, and Drew Jarvis, for winning second place in their class and third place overall! Special congratulations to the percussion section, led by Drum Captain, Trace Davidson, who placed first in their class!
Also new to Glenwood’s marching band this year is the color guard. The guard performs with the marching band using flags, ribbons, and dancing. Congratulations to the color guard for earning second place overall! The color guard is led by captain Lyndsey Coonrod and co-captain Emily Sabo.
This has been a new experience for the Marching Titans, who also participated in the Morton Marching Invitational last weekend. The band members have worked very diligently, rehearsing as a 148-member band at 7 a.m. every weekday and after school in sectionals scheduled and rehearsed by student leaders. The color guard also rehearses six hours outside of school each week. The students have enjoyed this new journey, and we are excited to see their hard work paying off so early in their competitive career.
1. Grad Ad, and
2. Senior Stats - info next to picture
Linked here you will find:
1. Senior Stats – to be filled out and returned to yearbook in Room 304. This is the information that will appear next to your senior portrait in the yearbook. You may also put in Ms. Kaylor’s mailbox in Office 1.
2. Grad Ad order form – for parents and/or friends to use
3. Yearbook order form– price of yearbook increases over the year. Prices raise to $75 on OCTOBER 16 and $80 JANUARY 16!!
Your yearbook formal senior portrait needs to be taken by ED CLARK PHOTOGRAPHY – We suggest BEFORE OCT 1!! So you have time to choose your photo online.
CONTACT INFO: ED CLARK PHOTOGRAPHY 217.496.3686, 217.652.3686, or firstname.lastname@example.org
The senior formal portrait section of the yearbook will be able to be viewed outside of room 304 in late December or early January.
BE SURE TO CHECK that your photo appears and your name is spelled correctly!!!!
Walk and 3rd Annual Titan Trot November 14 at GHS!
The Ball-Chatham Educational Foundation is hosting its 8th annual 5K Run/Walk event to raise money for education initiatives throughout the Ball-Chatham School District on November 14. Again this year, there will be a one mile run, the Titan Trot, for younger runners. Major sponsors for this year's event are O’Shea Builders, and Modern Woodmen of America.
- Download the Titan Trek Registration form here or go online for event details at: http://secure.
- Trek (live) Registration link: https://secure.
- Titan Trek Route Map